ARTICLE I: NAME
ARTICLE II: Purpose
- increase political engagement and influence of Democrats in and for the county of Wood, the state of Texas, and the United States of America.
- provide encouragement for Democrats working in party organizations, campaigns and seeking party or public office.
- promote legislative, executive and judicial policies that enhance the quality of life for all people of Wood County.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP AND CONTRIBUTIONS
Section 3-Categories of Membership
- Individual Member – annual contribution of $15.00.
- Joint Members (two persons sharing a household) – annual contribution of $25.00 and each will have full rights of membership
- Student Members – annual contribution of $5.00
- Contributing Members – Individual or Joint Members who provide additional special financial support by contributing $100.00 annually to the Wood County Democratic Party.
Section 4-Contributions and Rights
- Annual contributions go directly into the local treasury of the Wood County Democratic Executive Committee.
- Membership renewal contributions and waiver requests are due at the regular meeting in January each year, with a grace period of sixty (60) days. Renewing members must contribute or apply for a waiver before the end of the grace period to be considered a member in good standing for that year.
- All members in good standing will have full rights of membership including voting, holding office and serving on committees.
Article IV: EXECUTIVE BOARD
Section 1-Section Membership
The Executive Board shall consist of seven voting members and one ex officio, nonvoting member. The Board shall be composed of the four officers, three at-large members, and the Wood County Democratic Chair as the ex officio, nonvoting member. The three at-large members shall be elected at the same time and in the same fashion as the officers.
The Executive Board shall:
- manage the affairs of WCDC and vote on requests for Wood County Democratic Executive Committee funds.
- be responsible for the programs for each regular monthly meeting.
- review membership contribution waiver requests in executive session.
Section 3-Board Meetings
- The Executive Board shall meet quarterly.
- Any Board member may call a special meeting as needed with at least 10 days written notice.
A quorum shall consist of five Board members present in person or by proxy. Proxy voting shall be permitted at Board meetings, provided no person may hold or vote more than one proxy, and that the proxy is a member in good standing and has the written consent of the absent Board member.
Section 5-Use of Funds
Any request for funds from the Wood County Democratic Executive Committee must be approved by a majority vote of Executive Board members in attendance at club meetings or Board meetings.
ARTICLE V: OFFICERS
Officers shall be President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
The President shall:
- preside at all club meetings and Executive Board (Board) meetings
- represent WCDC publicly or designate an alternate
- appoint Standing Committees
- appoint special committees and non-voting officers as needed
- serve as an ex officio member of all committees
- prepare the business agenda for each regular meeting
- prepare the agenda for each Board meeting.
- perform the duties of the President when the President is absent
- be responsible for prior notification of the Wood County press about upcoming meetings, events and fund-raisers involving WCDC
- be responsible for press releases about meetings, events or fund-raisers involving WCDC.
- be responsible for the taking and the reporting of the minutes of each regular meeting and Board meeting
- distribute meeting announcements and other meeting information to members
- keep and maintain information about each member such as, but not limited to, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and membership standing.
- report the financial condition of Wood County Democratic Executive Committee at each regular WCDC meeting
- keep and maintain all records of contributions made by members including in-kind contributions
- Pay all bills as authorized by the Wood County Democratic Executive Committee and keep accurate records of all receipts and disbursements.
Elections are held biennially by a majority vote of the membership that is in good standing attending the regular meeting of the month of October in odd numbered years.
Section 6-Change of Officers
ARTICLE VI: MEETINGS
Section 1-Regular Meetings
Section 2-Meeting Costs
Section 3-Quorum and Voting
Section 4-Special Meetings
ARTICLE VII: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
ARTICLE VIII: DISSOLUTION
ARTICLE IX: AMENDMENTS TO THE BYLAWS
Beginning June 24,1999, Wood County Democrats shall operate under these Bylaws.
Amended February 22,2002
Amended July 25, 2019